I was going to write up a long blog post about what I did this weekend, but I sat down and couldn’t write anything! Then I saw that TwistedKnitter tagged her readers with a Meme and I decided to do that instead.
Here are 7 random things about me…
1. I am particularly fond of orange foods. A typical weekend lunch for me is grilled cheese, tomato soup, sliced carrots, and Doritos. Mmmm….
2. I hate stagnant water. (Thus, I don’t really like lakes, pools, hot tubs, hot springs, or anything without a current.) I do like the ocean and rivers.
3. I am usually typing with my fingertips when other people are talking. Not all the time, but in meetings, and when watching movies. I’ve been doing it since I was little (and I’m a very good typist!).
4. I am a firm believer in the “You spot it, you’ve got it” philosophy. If something bugs you about someone else, it’s likely that you possess that same quality yourself and don’t like it. Work on yourself first, then work on coping with that other person.
5. One of my other favorite quotes is “You must do the thing you think you cannot do” (thank you, Eleanor Roosevelt). This little phrase has gotten me through many little obstacles. Eventually I’ll remember that quote and just suck it up and do whatever it is I’ve been avoiding.
6. I work in a very acronym-heavy industry (who doesn’t?) and have actually gotten to the point where I’ll make up acronyms at home. Here are my faves:
LMA = Life Maintenance Activity (paying bills, laundry, grocery shopping, etc)
LPI = Low Priority Item (something that could soooooooooo wait if something else needs to get done)
T3K = Trixie 3000 (a nickname for our cat)
7. I had straight hair when I was little. See? (It didn’t get curly hair until high school.)