I am finally close to finishing T’s “fingerless” gloves! I had intended on finishing these on April 20, the start of some kind of fishing season, but I am a S-L-O-W knitter, and let’s just say good things come to those who wait. 🙂
I actually started these last winter, but I was modifying a pattern and using different yarn with smaller needles and I didn’t count my stitches correctly (how I can call myself a knitter sometimes I do not know) and my first glove ended up HUGE. This put me off for a couple months until I finally dragged the sorry glove to my LYS and asked them to help me. I explained my predicament to the shop owner, and she originally thought my problem might be that my row gauge was off (in that my rows were knitting up taller than the pattern), but once she counted my stitches, she realized I only had 6 sts/in instead of the 7 like I thought, and we realized that must have accounted for the huge sizing. (I love simple solutions like that!) So I cast on that night with the new gauge, and they looked PERFECT with the new sizing.
Here’s the other glove (the flash went off on this one so the color is not accurate – it’s HARD taking photos of your hands in the car, while wearing the gloves you’re working on!):
This one is actually almost done … T originally said he wanted fingerless gloves, but then he tried them on and did some “simulated fly fishing movements” and decided he only needs the first 3 fingers (thumb, index, middle) to be fingerless, and so the ring and pinky fingers are full fingers. I just have to finish the middle finger and cast off the thumb on this one and I’ll be done! Then I just have to do the “fingerless” fingers on the other glove and this will be another FO! Woot woot!