I am totally stuck on this sweater I’m working on.
I’ve knit the body and one sleeve…
but I have a few issues with it so far:
1) I’m not sure how I feel about the “camo-ness” of it.
2. I don’t know where to start the ribbing? (I’m thinking maybe a few rows ago?)
3. I also don’t know what’s going on with those vertical stripes in the front.
4. The back is even worse, so it’s not like I can just switch the front and back panels.
5. I’m wondering if it might be a smidge too tight for a big bulky sweater?
6. I sewed it up (two times!) a couple weekends ago, and both times the sides were TOTALLLY off! (I should’ve taken a photo, but I was so frustrated with it, I didn’t think to. But the back was 2″ longer than the front on the left side and only 1/2″ longer than the front on the right side. ???) (I even painstakingly counted off 10 rows down each side, marked with a stitch marker, and sewed up very slowly. I am thinking I might want to just frog it and knit the body the round? (This would also gain me 4 more stitches (1″).) (But then, I don’t know how the yarn will pool!)
7. I’m afraid the sleeves might be too big.
(this was one of the photos for my 365 project)
8. But I’m worried that if I adjust them to be narrower, they won’t fit in the armholes!
9. I’m also worried that the armholes are (and I don’t really know how to describe this?) too far in on the body. I think maybe there should be more stitches between the armholes, so they sit out further?
10. Last, and this is kind of a big one…. I don’t know how to finish off the neck. Crewneck? Funnelneck? Boatneck? I knit the crewneck version of the pattern in this book, but now I’m worried it might be too HIGH up on the neck? Should I rip back a few rows and re-do it? But if I do that, I’ll have to re-do the back panel too. And then will that screw up the armholes?
11. One last thing! The weather is getting warmer, and I kinda want to work on something I can wear NOW. I realize I will still probably have plenty of opportunity to wear this this summer, but I also keep thinking maybe I should make a sweater that is more seasonally appropriate?
It’s been a while since I’ve been THIS stuck on something. And it really sucks. It’s totally thrown off my knitting mojo. (Case in point – I picked up my dad from the airport this week and I didn’t even BRING my knitting bag! ) I really miss knitting, I just don’t know what to do with this. I keep telling myself I just need to put it aside and work on something else, but alluvasudden, without me even trying, I’ve become a monogamous knitter and I don’t really want to start something else. (I can’t even work on my sock.)
So, if you have any advice, I’d really appreciate it. Or, thanks for reading this and listening to me whine helping me straighten out my thoughts.