Based on this recipe. Makes approx 1.5 quarts.
* 1 3/4 cups water
* 1 cup sugar
* 1 cup fresh blueberries
* 1 cup fresh strawberries
* 1 cup fresh raspberries
* 1 cup Newman’s Own Lime-Aid or Lemonade (I think the Lime-Aid might be too bitter, actually)
1. In a medium saucepan bring water, sugar, and the blueberries to boiling.
2. Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved and blueberries are tender (1 to 2 minutes).
3. Remove from heat.
4. Drain blueberries, reserving liquid; set aside to cool.
5. Meanwhile, in a food processor bowl or blender container combine strawberries and raspberries.
6. Cover and process or blend until smooth.
7. Press pureed berries through fine-mesh sieve; discard seeds.
8. Place the blueberries and 1/3 cup of the reserved cooking liquid (do not discard remaining liquid) in food processor bowl or blender container.
9. Cover and process or blend until almost smooth.
10. Press blueberry mixture through the fine-mesh sieve; discard skins.
11. In a large bowl combine the pureed mixtures, remaining cooking liquid, and Lime-Aid.
12. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until mixture is completely chilled.
13. Freeze mixture in a 4- or 5-quart ice cream freezer according to manufacturer’s directions.
14. Ripen 4 hours.
15. Use within 2 days.
16. Serve individual scoops of sorbet with fresh berries and mint, if desired.